Presentation - AVS Medical Secretary (5874)
The program aims to develop in learners the skills necessary to transcribe and produce medical documents involving general terms of human biology, using general medical terminology and that relating to cellular activity, the functions of the human body, movement and the nervous system, and to produce documents of a medical nature. Thus, the graduate will develop the skills necessary to communicate and interact in the workplace, to receive users, to prepare and follow up on their files, to manage medical supplies and to perform accounting operations related to medical procedures.
Presentation of the courses
Qualities and aptitudes required for this job
Skills acquired :
- Transcription and production of medical documents
- Management of medical supplies
- Preparation and follow-up of medical files
- Management of accounting operations related to medical procedures
Desired Skills :
- Strong organizational skills and responsibility
- Communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Good judgment and ethics
Career Perspective :
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Audiotypist
Upon completion of the training, graduates will work in hospitals and clinics as well as in private practice.
Holder of a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent (e.g. : attestation of equivalence of schooling) or a higher education diploma, such as a college diploma or bachelor’s degree.